PARMANTIER RECIPE FOR TRUFFLED POTATOES WITH POACHED EGG AND SEASONAL MUSHROOMS
For those of you who have already gone to collect or have any idea about doing so, today we want to share tricks to cook the mushrooms at home.
Tricks for cooking mushrooms at home
- They have to be eaten fresh to take advantage of all the properties.
- Wash thoroughly without soaking them. You have to do it one by one and dried with something such as a Salad spinner.
- Better cooked than raw.
- Cook them at low temperature.
- Use as little seasoning as possible to respect food.
As promised, we shared a new recipe with mushrooms as protagonists. This is a recipe from our chef Jose Marín of Cor Caliu.
Truffled potato parmantier with poached egg and seasonal mushrooms
- 200g OF POTATOES.
- 60g BUTTER.
- 25g MILK, FULL CREAM.
- 2g PEPPER.
- 4g FINE SALT.
- 400gr SEASONAL MUSHROOMS.
Potato puree preparation:
- Peel the potatoes and chop them, put in a saucepan with water and salt to the boil for about 20 minutes.
- We take out the potatoes once cooked and pass through a sieve, the butter will melt with the heat of the potato and add the cream of milk. You can help mix everything with the help of a whisk.
Poached egg preparation:
- Water is boiled with salt and vinegar and when boiling, rotate a whisk in the water in a circular motion in then and put in the egg. This technique prevents the yolk and white from separating.
Preparation of mushrooms:
- The mushrooms are washed properly and sauted in the pan with a little oil, salt and pepper.
This recipe tastes as good as it looks. It’s not you without trying it! We are waiting for you in Cor Caliu!