With the arrival of the rains and the autumn cold the first mushrooms begin to appear. Despite being a product that we can consume all year round, autumn is the most favorable time for its development. Luckily we are fortunate, because Catalonia is one of the regions with the highest abundance of wild mushrooms.
The most common species in the Catalan Community are Ceps- yellow or Camagroc Rebozuelo and Robellon. Also Rebozeulo/nightingale and black trumpet mushrooms.
Grup Arenal and mushrooms
In Grup Arenal we always offer locally sourced, seasonal products. We like to delight our customers with the best ingredients on the market. It’s mushroom time and we want to pay tribute to this delicious delicacy!
This Autumn we want to share with you the best recipes of our chefs. Of course, all of them sharing a common ingredient: mushrooms.
he first recipe is from our Xup,Xup chef.
SEASONAL MUSHROOM PAELLA WITH SAUSAGE FROM CATALAN FARMER:
- Stock 2 Litres
- 500g cooked chicken bones
- 500g cooked pork bones
- 300g chicken thighs
- 300g lean pork
- 1 white onion sliced julienne
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 celery branch
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 splash of brandy or white wine
- 4 L water
Preparation of Stock
- In a large saucepan we sauté the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme, the thighs and the lean chopped pork until it browns. Then immediately flambé with alcohol.
- Add the toasted bones, cover with water and boil for 2 hours over a low heat. Finally, we strain and reserve the broth.
Preparation of paella
- 1 large drizzle of oil with chopped garlic
- 100g chopped Figueres onion
- 50g chopped green pepper
- 10g x 1 teaspoon concentrated tomato paste
- 10g choricero pepper
- 70g x 2 chopped natural tomatoes
- 2 Sausages de Pagés chopped
- 200g assorted mushrooms
- 320gr Spanish short grain rice Illa de Rio
- 1 bay leaf
- In the paella pan we put the oil with chopped garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Then add the onion and green peppers and sauté for 5 minutes
- Add the concentrated tomato, choricero, pepper and bay leaf.
- Next, remove everything from the pan and put the sausages with the mushrooms in, brown for 2 min and then add the chopped tomatoes. We cook over medium-low heat for 5 min without stirring.
- Finish the paella frying the rice with the mix of items already cooked above, spreading it all over the paella dish and topping up with the broth. When it’s almost there, we’ll finish it in the oven until it’s dry.
Recipe of our chef Danielli Simoes de Oliveira
Now you know one of our best recipes. And you, how do you cook mushrooms?