RECIPE OF HOT SWEET POTATO CREAM WITH SMOKED SCALLOPS FLAMBEED IN SMOKEY SAUCE & PORT
At Grup Arenal we love autumn. It is a season that inspires us and we want to share our inspiration with you. This November let yourself enjoy the recipes of our chefs. You can taste them every weekend of November in our Arenal Restaurant. Invite friends and family to enjoy dishes full of flavor, colors and vitality.
Before we go through the recipe, let’s know the benefits of sweet potato consumption.
Sweet potato Curiosities:
- Rich in Provitamin A. Essential for visual health, bone development and skin, the largest organ in our body.
- Also rich in vitamins C, B6, B5, B1 and B2 that provide us with energy.
- Provides manganese, potassium, copper and iron; good for bones and cartilage.
- It is a great antioxidant and detoxifier.
- Strengthens and warms the body.
And now, let’s get hands on!. We share our chef’s recipe at Arenal:
Hot sweet potato cream with smoked scallops flambeed in smokey sauce & port
- 1 kg Fresh sweet potato
- 200 gr Figueres Onions
- 1 piece Leek
- 1 piece Fresh Carrot
- 1 branch Fresh celery
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50 cl Virgin olive oil
- 350 cl Bottled water
- 2 units Cleaned Scallop Meat
- 20 cl port
- 3 cl Smoky Essence
- Dressing: Salt and ground white pepper
- Wash the sweet potatoes thoroughly, peel and wrap with salt, pepper and oil in foil to roast at 165 degrees in the oven 40 minutes.
- With the rest of the vegetables we will prepare a white background (Cut all the vegetables to medium size and fry slowly with the oil) and then finish cooking the sweet potato well and refine its flavor, adding the water and letting it cook for 15 minutes, put to the point of salt and pepper and we will pass it through the blender until it is very fine.
- We will colour the scallop bodies in a frying pan with a drop of hot oil, brown on one side and when we turn them we will put the port and the essence of smoke as if we flambéed it and let it rest for 30 seconds.
Presentation of the dish:
Sometimes less is more. That’s why this dish will be simple but attractive.
In a deep dish we will place the scallop bodies in the center decorating it with drizzle of port from the same pan and an edible flower, put the cream aside in a jug and serve to taste on the table.